Senior/Lead PHP Developer
Who we are…
Based in Copenhagen and with offices in the UK, Valitor International A/S is a fintech company (a subsidiary of Valitor hf. in Iceland) that offers the best omni-channel payment solution dedicated to helping merchants, partners and consumers make and receive payments.
In Valitor we handle our customers’ technical integration needs through online payments and bank transfers, such as credit card payments, iDEAL, PayPal, POS etc. We create a seamless and engaging customer experience across in-store, online and mobile platforms, allowing retailers to automate reporting and financial reconciliation. Valitor operate across 22 European countries, and our customer base is growing fast; a development Valitor would like you to take part in.
A lot of our existing code base of our omni-channel solutions for e-commerce is written in PHP and we are a young team lacking your great expertise to guide us in further developing, refactoring and maintaining the code. You have a solid understanding of sound architectural principles that allows you to identify the most important technical debt and show the way forward in getting rid of the debt. Moreover, you thoroughly understand the benefits and limitations of PHP compared to other languages, most importantly Java. Refining user stories, breaking it down in to development tasks and carrying out the tasks in active and open collaboration with your colleagues all comes natural to you. You will of course unit test your own deliveries that will be loved by both our operations people and clients because you know what their expectations are.
What you will enjoy doing…
- Develop and mature the parts of our omni-channel payment solutions written in PHP with a solid understanding of best practices for coding style, testability, maintainability etc.;
- Coach and guide you colleagues in adapting best practices in PHP area;
- Together with our architects and tech leads work to establish a sound code base with clear separation of concerns between front-end, middleware and back-end;
- Take proactive part in suggesting refactoring initiatives, first and foremost, but not only in the PHP area;
- Take active part in user story refinement.
What we are looking for…
- Proven and solid skills with PHP 5.6, 7.0, 7.x and frameworks, incl. PHPUnit and Symfony;
- Knowledge of SQL, preferably from MySQL;
- Working experience with refactoring software systems;
- Solid understanding of CI/CD and software development lifecycle;
- Experience with working in an agile setting;
- Experience performing peer code reviews based on SOLID principles;
- Preferably proven skills with java;
- Focus on both result and process in your daily work;
- Good English skills (both written and oral).
What makes you great…
- You keep focus in and on the task at hand;
- You have experience as a tech lead or similar;
- You are a team player and acknowledge that nobody has the truth on everything;
- You are a curious, friendly and easy-to-get-along-with person.
Our position as a leading omni-channel payments provider is based on innovative products and services. Continuous professional development for our employees is therefore essential to our success, and the Valitor Group offers its employees a wide range of training and development programs. Furthermore, we offer freedom with responsibility, good work-life-balance, free massage, access to a fitness club with a personal trainer, fun company parties a couple of times a year, a good and healthy canteen and other really neat stuff!
Meet the team…
We are a diverse group of multinationals speaking over 15 languages with a passion for providing clients with the best omni-channel payment solution on the planet. We are hard working professionals that ensure we get the right balance of work and play. If you spend all that time at work, it needs to be fun. As for dress code, it is casual unless required differently by one of our social events. We don’t just accept difference, we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, products, and customers. We are an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin or gender.
How to apply…
Our company is growing fast, so come and join us on our journey, it’ll be fun. At least let us hear from you and see what happens.
Please send your application to Delivery Manager, Thomas Juul Eriksen at email@example.com.
Get In Touch Today
Speak to one of our experts. We’re on hand to help! Click below to get in touch.