1. Is not limited to:
Personally identifiable information as it is defined in the General Data Protection Regulation, such as name, address, phone number, e-mail address, and any payment details associated with the Services, including all transaction and card data. Data may furthermore include any information or data that is processed under instructions from You; and data or information that Valitor is required to process in order to comply with legal requirements or it has legitimate interest to process, including information obtained from third parties.
2. How Data will be used:
Data may be processed by Us for variety of reasons including but not limited to ensure compliance to applicable legal requirements, for the purposes of business processes including without limitation management analysis, audit, forecasts, business planning and transactions (including joint ventures and business sales), dealing with legal claims and maintaining good governance. Valitor may anonymise Data and use it for analysis of statistical trends, carrying out actuarial work, business planning, risk assessment and to analyse costs and charges.
3. Data disclosures:
Data disclosures: To provide the Services, Valitor is required to disclose Data with various third parties, including but not limited to; government authorities, partners and suppliers of essential services such as financial institutions and payment schemes. Such third parties may include:
- Our partners and service providers. We share Data with service providers who help Us provide the services to You. These may include banks and other financial institutions, credit bureaus, website hosting providers, data analytics providers, information technology, customer service, email delivery;
- We share Data with entities within the Valitor Group of companies;
- We use and disclose data as we believe necessary for any of the following purposes: (a) under applicable law; (c) to protect Our legitimate interest (d) to respond to production orders from law enforcement, courts, regulatory bodies, and other public and government authorities, which may include authorities outside the country You reside in.
- We use Hotjar to analyse user’s sessions on our website, by recording their mouse movements and website behaviours to identify website issues and improve the users experience. This is necessary for our legitimate interests to keep our website updated, free from issues, and provide the best possible user experience. We use this data to measure how users are interacting with our site, which elements of the site are causing problems with the user experience, and if there are any errors with the site. This also includes replaying sessions and watching interactions back. No Contact or Identity information is recorded or processed. Users can opt out by blocking cookies.
- We use Live chat from 3CX on the web site to assist visitors and to provide the option of a real time interaction with the Valitor sales team. The contents of live chats are automatically recorded and stored in the secure 3CX server plus the agents secure web client. The chat is stored along with the name and email address provided by the visitor. The chats maybe used for training and monitoring purposes. The chats will be deleted from the server once a week.
4. Retention period:
We take appropriate measures to ensure that any Data is kept only for so long as is necessary for the purpose for which such information is used and/or to comply with applicable law.
5. Transfers outside the European Economic Area:
We will ensure, to the extent that any personal data originating from the European Economic Area is transferred to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area that has not received a binding adequacy decision by the European Commission or a competent national data protection authority, such transfer will be subject to appropriate safeguards that provide an adequate level of protection or where alternative arrangements are in place to protect the rights of data subjects.
6. Rights under the GDPR:
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) has a number of provisions with regard to the rights of the data subjects. Data subjects have the right to request access to and rectification of personal data, the right to erasure, the right to restrict processing, object to processing as well as in certain circumstances the right to data portability. In the case where a data subject has provided consent for the processing of personal data the data subject has the right (in certain circumstances) to withdraw that consent at any time which will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before the consent was withdrawn. Data subject are recommended to contact Valitor at firstname.lastname@example.org for any request regarding data subject rights. Data subjects have the right to lodge a complaint to the local Data Protection Authority in the believe that We have not complied with the requirements of the GDPR with regard to personal data.
We are committed to ensure that Data is secure and complies fully with the applicable law. In order to prevent unauthorized access, use or disclosure We have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information We process.
8. Changes to this Privacy Notice:
We may occasionally update this Privacy Notice. When We do, We will notify you either by placing a prominent notice on the home page of Our Website or by directly sending You notification. We encourage You to periodically review this Privacy Notice to stay informed about how We are using and protecting Personal Information We collect. Your continued use of the Website constitutes Your agreement to this Privacy Notice and any updates that We may make.
9. Opting out of marketing messages:
You can ask Us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by contacting Us at email@example.com. Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of the Services.
10. Identity and contact details of controller and data protection officer:
To get further information relating to how We processes personal data it is possible to contact Us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Our full contact details are Valitor hf., Dalshraun 3, 220 Hafnarfjörður, Iceland.